Fresh Salmon, "Gravelax style"
Sébastien Monceaux reveals his gourmet recipe
- Fresh salmon: 0.312kg
- Coarse salt: 60 g
- Powdered sugar: 60 g
- Dill: 5 g
- 5 berries: 3 g
- 3 zests of lime or 6 g juice
- 3 Lemon zest
- Fresh thyme: 2 g
- Rosemary: 3 g
Cold pea cream
- Fresh or frozen peas: 300 g
- Water: 2 L
- Coarse salt: 20 g
- White onion: 1/2
- Fresh butter: 15 g
- Liquid cream: 10g
- Salt / Pepper: 4 g / 2 g
- Poultry broth: 1/2 L
- Olive oil: 2 g
- Fresh butter in clarified butter: 150 g
- Potato type "Agira": 1 piece
- Eggs: 1 whole and 1 yolk
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Heavy cream: 20 g
Fresh lemon rosemary goat
- Fresh ash goat: 200 g
- Lemon zest: 2 strips
- Rosemary, chopped: 2 g
- Olive oil: 5 g
- Pepper: 3 g
Riquette and radishes
- Long radish: 4 pieces
- Olive oil: 2 g
- Salt & pepper
- Riquette sprouts: 6 leaves
Preparation time: 15 minutes
In total: 7h
Gravelax-style salmon steak
Prepare the salmon steak: remove the bone, keep the skin, rinse with clear water after 7 h of marinade.
- Mop and set aside in a cool place.
- Prepare the marinade:
- In a container, combine the sugar, coarse salt, 5 berries, dill, lemon and lime zest.
- Prepare a dish and place clingfilm on the bottom, add olive oil, put the salmon steak on the skin side and cover with the mixture on top.
- Finish with lime, thyme, rosemary juice and wrap it well so that it marinates for 7 hours.
- Rinse, remove the skin and cut into slices.
Realization of pea cream
- With fresh peas: You blanch them in boiling salted water and when they rise to the surface, you cool them in ice water and drain them.
- With frozen peas: you treat them directly with the recipe below
- Heat Poultry broth
- In a saucepan, melt the fresh butter, once slightly frothy, add the sliced onions, cook well without coloring and add the peas (blanched or frozen) salt, pepper, and moisten with hot chicken broth.
- Once cooked, proceed to Thermomix and finish with a dash of liquid cream, adjust the seasoning and discard in a bowl to cool the preparation quickly to keep the color fine
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and apply a contact film to the cream, keep cool.
the mashed lemon-rosemary goat cheese
- Chop the lemon zest.
- Chop a few twigs of rosemary.
- Cut the slices of ash goat.
- In a skullcap, place the slices of goat cheese, mash them with a fork, relax in olive oil, add pepper, and finish with the lemon and chopped rosemary.
- Reserve on a plate and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Film and keep cool
- Melt the fresh butter, make it into clarified butter (either in a saucepan in a double boiler or in the microwave, don't forget to remove the milk)
- Heat your waffle iron beforehand.
- Peel the yellow flesh potato type "Agria" (Do not leave it in the water because we need the starch. So peel and use right away !)
- Make a thin slice of potato using a mandolin and set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare in a bowl : 1 egg yolk and 1 whole egg, double cream, and mix well with a whisk.
- Season the potato "julienne" with the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Add the “egg and cream” mixture, your waffle maker is finally ready!
- Place a little clarified butter on the waffle iron plate, drain by hand a little potato julienne, and make a small nest, sprinkle creamy liquid on the nest and close the waffle iron.
- Cook for 4 minutes on one side and turn over to finish cooking on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Clear on a plate.
salad and radishes
- Clean the radishes and sort the riquette.
- Cut the tops, not too short and keep a little
- Make radish shavings using a mandolin and reserve them in a bowl with water and ice cubes, this will make them crisp and keep their colors!
- Season the radish shavings and riquette leaves with olive oil and fine salt.
- Heat the potato waffles in the oven
- Use a "rake" to pull the pea muslin on your plate
- Place the Gravelax salmon slices, a quenelle of "lemon-mandarin" goat cheese which will serve as a condiment.
- Season the strips of radish and riquette with olive oil and fine salt, place them around the salmon slices and finish with the warm waffles!
- Drizzle the plate with a few drops of Fauchon olive oil
Help yourself to a nice little glass of fresh white wine from my “Chablis” region and I wish you an excellent tasting and a good moment of relaxation !!
By Frédéric Claudel